Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hot chocolate at Notre Dame


"Guilty of the crime of murder!"

Well murder of the French language, at this cafe in the shadow of the most famous Cathedral in France!!!

Sacre bleu!!!!

There you see I've done it again!!!!

Having learnt French as a language 7 million years ago at secondary college & never spoken it since, I mean you remember a word or a phrase here or there and throw it into a conversation, to all of a sudden be in THE country where it is THE language and trying to dredge up what is dead and buried is doomed to failure!!!!

Well after an early morning wander around Notre Dame, before the tourists, and still in that dazed, awestruck space from having been in a special place. Not talking, almost meditative, my beloved and I became overcome by a need, on this cold morning, for hot chocolate.

This was the cafe that suffered from my surreel attempt at language. Ordering 2 hot chocs and croissant just put this humble voyager into fits of laughter as I attempted to order and be put in my place for murdering the cafe owner/workers language.

Guilty as accused your honour!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment